Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July 2007

It is absolutely gorgeous here in Seattle today.   We are going to check out some local Fireworks at a park nearby our home.   It's hard to think about Freedom when so many in this world don't have it...even us here in the U.S.    I'm always getting in arguements about it because I take the side that says we do have freedoms..much more than in other countries.   Yet, so many things are banned now...most of our suburbs around Seattle are banned from fireworks..except at the public events.  We have so many restrictions on us...must wear seatbelts,  no smoking limitations, all for good reasons....yet, it is not a gentle society.  I wish it was.   We continue to fight and get angry.   I still think it's better than it could have been...we just need to stay vigilant that we keep the rights we really need...freedom of speech, freedom of religion....life, liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. 

Below is a photo of a postcard  of some fireworks here in Seattle at the Spaceneedle sending you a note for a fun and safe 4th.     

Before I end...here is something on a more humorous note from JibJab...it's pretty good...check it out....  Star Spangled Banner  

 

Later all!  Maria

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it rained all day today.. thank goodness our party was yesterday :)  Hope your day was fabulous.  Happy 4th
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Happy Fourth of July!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

 Loved that star spangled banner, very cute.

           Julie

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful time at the fireworks.
Missie

Anonymous said...

yes, I say we have the most important freedoms but yet I am against censorship as well.  hey, I'm on your side. lol  I hope you are having a nice weekend Maria!  love, Shelly