Sunday, June 4, 2006

A Matter of Perspective

Hello all, 

Good morning!  It's a little rainy and grey here in Seattle this morning.  I'm up pretty early for a Sunday morning.  Little things are a matter of perspective...sometimes it's good to have a bird's eye view, that's true.  In fact, it's important that you know how things fit in.  Close up views don't give you the whole picture.  But did you ever think that sometimes it just doesn't matter?  Sometimes it's the detail of the little things in the big picture that are the most beautiful..like the rose which blooms on an otherwise withering stalk.  I didn't have the heart to pull this little climber out of the ground when I saw some buds and I'm glad I didn't.  The little red flowers have a beauty that makes up for the rest and gives hope for the future.   For me it's a visual on the old saying...'bloom where you are planted'.   :)  Maria

 

PreviewPreview

 

Preview

 

Preview

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how beautiful!!
I don't know what does that to the bush... some of the branches on my roses too will get these spindle looking leaves...
Have a great Sunday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

The roses are very pretty. Nature really does try hard to succeed, just because something isn't bushy and perfect like we think it should be we should at least admire it for the beauty it shows! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...hope you get some sunshine...hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

very nice:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I love the contrast of the rose on the fence. Beautiful!
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/courage