Saturday, April 12, 2008

Twists and Turns and Tax Returns

I'm still working on getting back to everyone to say hi.  I am taking a quick break right now...why? I'm working on the dreaded tax return.  I can't seem to get all excited but now I'm in a bit of a panic since it's almost tax day. 

When I was in Mexico I saw some very cool architecture. This photo of a building in the resort I stayed at is very dreamlike and doesn't seem to be real...but it is.  The stairs and walkway twist and turn creating an interesting effect.   The color in the walls is inviting and warm.  The texture of the walls is simple and clean.  Somehow this photo is the one I chose to show today...maybe because twists and turns rhymed with tax returns...and also because I like it.   

Going back to the taxes..so if you don't hear from me for a couple days I'll return after I'm done with the tax returns...well I may sneak  a peak or two during my breaks and leave a comment here and there...:)   Maria

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that first photo especially! I'm so glad I did taxes early this year. Hope you get it done and over with quickly!
Martha ~

Anonymous said...

these photos are great!  love the twists and turns.  :)  good luck on your taxes.
gina

Anonymous said...

I love those twists and turns....
now back to your taxes!!
Good Luck!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

It is getting to be end of tax season.  I just now picked up my Mom's taxes and will be writing the checks out tonight to stick in the mail on Monday.  I'm really glad that its done as the accountant took much longer to do them this year than last year.  You've still got a good amount of time...keep with it, and you will have them all finished in no time.

Greg

Anonymous said...

we did our taxes last tuesday whew glad that is done

Deb

Anonymous said...

What a great place to take photos!  I hope  things with the taxes ease up soon for you!

Enjoy your Sunday!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

those photos are fantastic!!!

BTW...I love the title of this entry....

Nancy

Anonymous said...

you really have 'the eye"
Marti

Anonymous said...

Hello Maria    Thanks for visiting my journal and sharing the story of your neighbor that you miss who died of cancer.    His niece is in contact with the friend of Paul's that is scraping Paul's trailer.   My last information concerning Paul's final act of being cremated is still unknown to me.   Paul was an excentric and was not close to his niece.   He did not pay his property tax for years back so now Laurie must pay them.    It is a problem as she is not able to receive his Social Security burial money since she is not recognized as his heir.   They found an envelope with $40 cash in it that Paul was sending to a Christian Bible fund for African children.   He watched satellite Christian TV, but would not pay for his water to be turned on.    He went to his friend Dave's to shower.    No one know's what he did with his monthly Social Securtiy money over the years, other that what I was told by him.      The Mexican architecture is tremendously elaborate, and your photo's illustrate what texture the material of the walls have.    The tile flooring is wonderfull.    I was a student at the Universidad de las Americas in Cholula, Puebla, in 1971.    We did a lot of traveling also, as one professor told us it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity.    I was an art student, and my professors were dedicated and established in the art community.    mark